Air compressor, Mines Hall, University of Washington, December 1916

Written on verso: Air compressor Mill - Mines Bldg. U.W. Dec. 1916 Filed in: UW - Departments, Mining (#775). In 1905, a new foundry and ore-dressing lab for the School of Mines were erected called "The Mill". It covered an area 40 x 110 feet and was a complete ore dressing plant. The plan...

Full description

Bibliographic Details
Format: Other/Unknown Material
Language:unknown
Published: 1916
Subjects:
Online Access:http://cdm16786.contentdm.oclc.org:80/cdm/ref/collection/uwcampus/id/36713
id ftuwashingtonlib:oai:cdm16786.contentdm.oclc.org:uwcampus/36713
record_format openpolar
spelling ftuwashingtonlib:oai:cdm16786.contentdm.oclc.org:uwcampus/36713 2023-05-15T18:48:44+02:00 Air compressor, Mines Hall, University of Washington, December 1916 United States—Washington (State)--Seattle December 1916 Scanned from original text or image at 100-200 dpi saved in JPEG format, resized and enhanced using Adobe Photoshop. 2016 http://cdm16786.contentdm.oclc.org:80/cdm/ref/collection/uwcampus/id/36713 unknown University of Washington Campus Photographs UWC4305 University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections, [Order Number or Negative Number] http://cdm16786.contentdm.oclc.org:80/cdm/ref/collection/uwcampus/id/36713 http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ For information on permissions for use and reproductions please visit UW Libraries Special Collections Use Permissions page: http://www.lib.washington.edu/specialcollections/services/permission-for-use University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections University of Washington Subject Files. PH Coll 700 Air-compressors--Washington (State)--Seattle Roberts Hall (Seattle Wash.) University of Washington--Buildings Photograph; image 1916 ftuwashingtonlib 2021-01-16T23:57:11Z Written on verso: Air compressor Mill - Mines Bldg. U.W. Dec. 1916 Filed in: UW - Departments, Mining (#775). In 1905, a new foundry and ore-dressing lab for the School of Mines were erected called "The Mill". It covered an area 40 x 110 feet and was a complete ore dressing plant. The plant was located near the old powerhouse, had three decks and included breakers, a stamp mill, and full sized concentrator tables. The Mill closed as a result of the building of the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition on campus in 1909. After the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition of 1909 closed, the brick power house, located near the site of the current Suzzallo Library, was remodeled into offices, classrooms, and laboratory space for mining, metallurgy, ore dressing, and coal washing. This building, renamed Mines Hall, served as the headquarters of the School until the 1920's. t was known as Mines Hall until 1947 when it was renamed for Milnor Roberts, Dean of the School of Mines from 1901-1947 Other/Unknown Material Alaska Yukon University of Washington, Seattle: Digital Collections Pacific Yukon
institution Open Polar
collection University of Washington, Seattle: Digital Collections
op_collection_id ftuwashingtonlib
language unknown
topic Air-compressors--Washington (State)--Seattle
Roberts Hall (Seattle
Wash.)
University of Washington--Buildings
spellingShingle Air-compressors--Washington (State)--Seattle
Roberts Hall (Seattle
Wash.)
University of Washington--Buildings
Air compressor, Mines Hall, University of Washington, December 1916
topic_facet Air-compressors--Washington (State)--Seattle
Roberts Hall (Seattle
Wash.)
University of Washington--Buildings
description Written on verso: Air compressor Mill - Mines Bldg. U.W. Dec. 1916 Filed in: UW - Departments, Mining (#775). In 1905, a new foundry and ore-dressing lab for the School of Mines were erected called "The Mill". It covered an area 40 x 110 feet and was a complete ore dressing plant. The plant was located near the old powerhouse, had three decks and included breakers, a stamp mill, and full sized concentrator tables. The Mill closed as a result of the building of the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition on campus in 1909. After the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition of 1909 closed, the brick power house, located near the site of the current Suzzallo Library, was remodeled into offices, classrooms, and laboratory space for mining, metallurgy, ore dressing, and coal washing. This building, renamed Mines Hall, served as the headquarters of the School until the 1920's. t was known as Mines Hall until 1947 when it was renamed for Milnor Roberts, Dean of the School of Mines from 1901-1947
format Other/Unknown Material
title Air compressor, Mines Hall, University of Washington, December 1916
title_short Air compressor, Mines Hall, University of Washington, December 1916
title_full Air compressor, Mines Hall, University of Washington, December 1916
title_fullStr Air compressor, Mines Hall, University of Washington, December 1916
title_full_unstemmed Air compressor, Mines Hall, University of Washington, December 1916
title_sort air compressor, mines hall, university of washington, december 1916
publishDate 1916
url http://cdm16786.contentdm.oclc.org:80/cdm/ref/collection/uwcampus/id/36713
op_coverage United States—Washington (State)--Seattle
geographic Pacific
Yukon
geographic_facet Pacific
Yukon
genre Alaska
Yukon
genre_facet Alaska
Yukon
op_source University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Subject Files. PH Coll 700
op_relation University of Washington Campus Photographs
UWC4305
University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections, [Order Number or Negative Number]
http://cdm16786.contentdm.oclc.org:80/cdm/ref/collection/uwcampus/id/36713
op_rights http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
For information on permissions for use and reproductions please visit UW Libraries Special Collections Use Permissions page: http://www.lib.washington.edu/specialcollections/services/permission-for-use
_version_ 1766241991839973376